Court Pleadings 101
This workshop is a part of the professional legal translation program of Elaph Training. It addresses the distinctive characteristic of the legal language, including the legal styles and the basic terminology in the court pleadings.
The goal of Legal workshops
The attendants will be prepared to translate the court pleadings in a professional manner, as required in the labor market.
- A Description of the different court types and the litigation instances
- An overview of the sequence of the court cases and the mutual pleadings and notes of the parties
- A translation of a court pleading, focusing on the legal style and how to deal with and to translate the difficult structures into English and Arabic
- The instructor will review with the attendants throughout the workshop numerous legal terms as required and common as far as possible within the court pleading in question
Who may attend
Translators and graduates of other domains seeking to:
- Translators, lawyers and graduates of the faculties of languages and translation and the Faculty of Law, English Language, seeking for:
- Enhancing the required skills for translating court pleadings
- Specializing in the translation of the court pleadings as a milestone of the legal translation
- Good command of English and Arabic
Related courses and workshops
- Holistic legal translation training course to prepare professional translators
- Workshops on legalese and legal styles, arbitration cases, power of attorney and certificates and legal documents and the operative part of a judgment
- All workshops’ and training programs’ details are available on the website.
- instructor-led training (ILT) plus interactive exercises.
- PC and display monitor.
- Duration4 Hours
- Days1 Day(s)
- Skill levelBeginner
- VenueElaph Training premises, Nasr City.