Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing 101
Call Us Now!
An overview of technical texts on building services encompassing firefighting, lighting, surveillance, water supply and drainage systems.
The goal of the scientific and technical training program
Provide participants with the skill set needed for handling the engineering technical texts to be able to render a proper translation compatible with the technical jargon.
- Introduce participants to the most important terminology used in firefighting, lighting, surveillance, water supply and drainage systems,
- Practice coining technical terms and preparing glossaries,
- Introduce participants to the most common abbreviations and units of measurement used in the industry,
- Provide participants with the skill of analyzing engineering technical texts,
- Practice translating short technical texts to test the ability to overcome the challenges of understanding, rendering and rephrasing.
Who may attend
Translators and graduates of other domains seeking to:
- Acquire in-depth understanding of technicalities of engineering texts.
- Develop the research skills needed to find the correct information.
- Specialize or pursue a career in technical translation.
- Good command of English and Arabic.
Related courses and workshops
- Holistic scientific and technical translation training program for preparation of professional translators in the field.
- All scientific, technical, and legal joint workshops.
- All workshops’ and training programs’ details are available on the website.
- instructor-led training (ILT) plus interactive exercises
- PC and display monitor
- Days3 Day(s)
- Skill levelBeginner
- VenueElaph Training premises, Nasr City
Start Date, 21 Jul 2019
|Lecture 1||Sun, 21 Jul 2019||10:00||14:00|
|Lecture 2||Tue, 23 Jul 2019||10:00||14:00|
|Lecture 3||Thu, 25 Jul 2019||10:00||14:00|
Start Date, 28 Jul 2019
|Lecture 1||Sun, 28 Jul 2019||10:00||14:00|
|Lecture 2||Tue, 30 Jul 2019||10:00||14:00|
|Lecture 3||Thu, 01 Aug 2019||10:00||14:00|
Start Date, 04 Aug 2019
|Lecture 1||Sun, 04 Aug 2019||10:00||14:00|
|Lecture 2||Tue, 06 Aug 2019||10:00||14:00|
|Lecture 3||Thu, 08 Aug 2019||10:00||14:00|